1. Life is short. Don’t wait for the perfect moment to DO or SAY something important to you.
2. Death is not a failure. It is part of life and the more we accept that fact the more we can live intentionally and without as much fear.
3. A simple act of kindness can make someone’s day and leave a lasting impression.
4. You have the ability to make an impact. Leave your mark. Share your experience, your knowledge with others.
5.“ Hope” is powerful.
6. If you don’t know what to say to someone in crisis, try saying “I don’t know what to say. But I want you to know I am thinking of you.”
7. You are stronger than you think. Trust me, you are.
8. Life is better with a dog
9. Trust your gut. Intuition is powerful.
10. It is important to take a “time-out”. Walking clears your head.
11. People will surprise you. In a time of crisis there will be those who disappear, and others you might not expect, who will be by your side. People cope differently.
12. There are no guarantees in life. Life isn’t fair. Don’t take things for granted. In the blink of an eye life as you know it can change. None of us is immune to life’s challenges.
13. Cancer sucks.
14. Learn how to say “no”. You don’t actually have to do (certain) things you don’t want to do. You don’t need to please everyone. Be thoughtful about how you want to spend your time.
15. A good friendship goes both ways. Some friendships grow with you, others do not. Nurture the relationships that are most important to you.
16. You don’t have as much control as you think. As hard as it may be not to worry, it really doesn’t change the outcome. Let go of what you cannot control and focus on what you can control.
17. Everyone has a story and a journey. What you see superficially is usually not the full story.
18. In the end, it is all about our relationships with each other. Remind yourself what is most important to you, ESPECIALLY on those days when everything seems to be going wrong and personalities and emotions are involved.
19. Get rid of stuff. All the stuff you ever owned may be important to you but probably not to anyone else. Just more to throw out in the end.
20. It is so important to laugh.
21. Life is full of curveballs. Expect the unexpected.
22. You don’t always have a choice in the cards you are dealt, but you do have a choice in how you will respond.
23. Breathe. Slow down. Find your “happy place” that soothes your soul.
24. Stay true to yourself. Most of the time it doesn’t matter what people think and they don’t always care as much as you think they do.
25. Take time to live in the moment. Appreciate what you have today.
If you liked this post, please click on the buttons below to share with others.